Alpinestars SM5 Helmet
CROSS helmet ALPINESTARS SM5
Technical characteristics helmet ALPINESTARS SM5
The brand new SM5 helmet is the result of more than five years of intensive study, development and testing. Every possible aspect has been examined to design a helmet that is safe and carefully designed to offer optimal protection and comfort. This lightweight helmet features a thermo-injected shell that incorporates a special polymer blend enhanced by varying degrees of thickness that is designed to offer the optimal combination of impact protection and lightness, while the five-density EPS lining ensures the correct density in the correct area for better shock absorption. Other key design features include an engineered raised area with padding to effectively reduce the forces transmitted to the collarbone and a patented visor release system that ensures that the visor is released with the correct amount of predetermined force, regardless of the angle of impact.
- The lightweight outer shell is made of technologically advanced impact-resistant thermoplastic in two sizes.
- The internal and external surfaces are designed to minimize the effects of oblique impacts.
- Multiple density inner lining to ensure the correct density in the correct area for better shock absorption.
- The patented visor release system ensures that the visor is released with the correct amount of predetermined force, regardless of the angle of impact.
- Maximized ventilation and high levels of heat exchange thanks to multiple air intakes and exhaust ports.
- The visor is designed to direct the air into the doors for better airflow.
A Medium size weighs 1260 g (ECE) 1370 g (DOT).
The SM5 helmet complies with both DOT certification and ECE approval for worldwide use.
- The pair of side shells with soft EPS foam prevents damage to the collarbone in the event of an accident.
- The emergency release system and removable pillows allow for safe and easy removal of the pillows while the helmet is still on, while the 3D shaped foam ensures the comfort of the rider.
- Removable comfort lining with Silverplus treated antibacterial fabrics® for excellent moisture absorption, effectively removing sweat from the skin.
- The antimicrobial lining is removable and washable.
- The hydration tube channels are integrated into the helmet cheeks for convenience and performance.
- The soft fabric chin strap is 26 mm and is wider than the certification requirements for optimal rider safety and comfort.
- Stainless steel D-rings to ensure a snug and secure fit.